Jarryd Hayne: Former Australian rugby league participant jailed for sexual attack


Former Australian rugby league participant Jarryd Hayne has been jailed for 5 years and 9 months for sexual attack. 

In March, a jury discovered 33-year-old Hayne responsible of attacking a 26-year-old lady in her house in 2018.

He must serve at least 3 years and 8 months sooner than being eligible for parole.

Hayne won the 2013 Rugby League World Cup with Australia
Hayne received the 2013 Rugby League Global Cup with Australia

This used to be the second one trial within the case after a jury may now not make a decision in December.

District Courtroom Pass judgement on Helen Syme mentioned on Thursday that Hayne used to be totally mindful the sufferer used to be now not consenting and went forward anyway.

“The reliability and honesty of the sufferer’s proof used to be examined at period and individually, her reliability used to be now not unsure,” the pass judgement on mentioned.

“She mentioned no a number of instances and using drive used to be such that the sufferer had no prospect of preventing him bodily.

“He used to be a minimum of two times her weight at 100 kilograms and an athlete on the best of his shape.”

Hayne, who had a spell within the NFL with the San Francisco 49ers, had confronted a most conceivable sentence of 14 years in prison.

The incident took place at the evening of the 2018 NRL Grand Ultimate when Hayne used to be in Newcastle for a chum’s stag birthday celebration.

Hayne performed just about 200 video games for Sydney-based NRL crew Parramatta Eels, successful the Dally M Medal, the league’s easiest person honour, in 2009 and 2014.

The Sydney-born fullback scored 11 tries in 11 appearances for the Kangaroos, Australia’s consultant rugby league crew, and used to be named within the NRL’s team-of-the-decade for 2010-19.

Hayne used to be accused of sexual attack in a civil lawsuit introduced via a girl in California in 2016 after police determined to not price him over an alleged incident in 2015.

Hayne mentioned on the time he “unequivocally and vehemently” denied the allegations.

The case used to be settled in 2019 sooner than going to trial.


Leave a Comment